This time she went after @Gurdur who I know from Twitter as well. He is a nice guy and his only crime is not liking idiots like Zvan and her fellow FTB/A+ feminist crazies. Oh shit! I said crazies. I meant Kirksies, even though it means the same fucking thing... But that's another discussion entirely.
So, back to Zvan and @Gurdur. Zvan insists that @Gurdur is a horrible person because he has never done a fucking thing to her, as she fully admits in her blog post, and because he has posted over on the Slyme Pit a couple of times. For those of you who don't know, the Pit is a forum that was created by Abbie Smith of ERV. It's a place for those who don't cry at t-shirts or get their feminist undies in a bunch all the fucking time over stupid shit. It's considered to be like the 5th circle of hell for any of the uber sensitive feminist folks from FTB and A+.
Zvan decided it was her duty as a social justice warrior to warn people about @Gurdur since he is so evil and vile, and because tweeting with him may infect them with his misogyny cooties. And in true A+ social justice style, she sent out a tweet of warning to all her followers. Congrats! You can now check off the 'social justice' box on your daily to-do list Stephy.
Of course after directly tweeting @Gurdur and accusing him of evil deeds, he was quick to reply:
One of the things you'll see linked on her blog post is an archived page (provided by the Venn Master Jason T) from the pit in 2011 where @Gurdur posted the following comment:
As Stephy goes on to say in her post:
This post is an answer to Gurdur’s request for specifics. It is not a response quoting particular comments, because I’m talking about behavior that isn’t limited to an objectionable word or phrase.
This is also a response for people who saw the tweet, wanted more, but weren’t going to delve in 5,000 comments to find it. To those people, I hope you at least click the link and read some comments. It you’re not familiar with the slimepit and you’re feeling reasonably non-fragile today, start somewhere in the middle of the page and just read for a couple hundred comments. It’s really the only way to get a good sense of what the people who commented there were gathered to do. It can’t be summed up in a single comment or even two or three.So Stephy, did YOU personally take the hours needed to read all 5007 comments? And if so, you must have screenshots of what @Gurdur said specifically right? I mean, that is what he asked you to do. You are always so interested in evidence and truth right? So why didn't you post them like you did with @Gurdur's tweet? Oh wait... I see... You are telling people to just go randomly jump into that thread from the Pit, at any point in the 5007 comments, and read a couple hundred of the comments, regardless of who wrote them, and then vilify anyone who commented there, like you are doing to @Gurdur.
This really isn't about what @Gurdur specifically said is it Stephy? I mean, you even admitted that your response 'is not a response quoting particular comments'. He is just guilty by association in your world right, because everyone who dares post a comment at the Pit is completely the same, never makes valid points, and are all vicious, rabid women haters. And god forbid anyone has a little fun mocking the openly visible stupidity of people like you, Stephy, and the other dimwits at FTB and A+. You guys NEVER mock, ridicule, or bash anyone do you? Nope. You are all above that kind of thing aren't you? No hypocrites here right Stephy?
So let's look at the list of 'objections' that Stephy has written in response to @Gurdur. Keep in mind that she has offered no direct quotes or proof of him ever having said/done any of these things she objects to, because you can be sure that had he said/done anything that she actually objects to here, she would have quoted, cited, and screen-captured it for all to see.
Now, my objections to Gurdur:
I would address all these 'objections', but I think @Integralmathyt (AKA: Justicar) summed it up much better here:
- I object to the fact that you found a thread dedicated to an obsessive hatred and tearing down of Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson, and others including me a congenial place to hang out for a couple of months.
- I object to your not saying word one to suggest that month’s of hate is anything other than a productive way to spend one’s time.
- I object to you allowing your own hate for PZ to make you treat the behavior in that thread as normal.
- I object to you talking about slurs, lies, and harassment as just bad PR for your common cause with the other slimepitters.
- I object to your creating a list of female atheist speakers specifically to exclude outspokenly feminist atheists from that list.
- I object to your assertion that Abbie Smith and Scented Nectar, who apparently must resort to slurs and commentary on their opponents looks, and Bluharmony, who lies even when the contradictory evidence is staring her in the face, are among the best representatives of female atheism.
- I object to your treating these “equity feminists”, adherents to an ideology that is self-described as “non-empirical”, and holding them up as pillars of rational thought.
- I object to your congratulating Franc Hoggle on the creation of Phawrongula as though it were a good thing to create yet another site solely dedicated to his obsessive hatred.
- Most of all, in this particular circumstance, I object to you taking one of my “home” conventions, a place that is unabashedly feminist as part of its larger mission of inclusion, and pretending that you are sympathetic to its goals, even as you work to undermine feminism in another sphere.
- And I certainly object to you trying to blow these objections off as a “witch-hunt” and “guilt by association”.
You know what I object to Stephy? Lying little sacks of shit like you who think that they're better than everyone else only because they refuse to look in the fucking mirror and see themselves as the disgusting pieces of crap they truly are.